Trainspotting and Trainlistening

June 18 started out as an unassuming day. I went to work, called Ronald from the office, and chatted with him about how the day was unfolding and how we wanted to conclude it. We were supposed to meet and buy stuff for the house after work. The plan was to catch up in the middle of the Alabang-Zapote road, in that mall that has it all so I could leave the office and he could step out of his house at the same time and we could get there at the same time, too.

And then he asked me if I had heard Train's song, "Hey, Soul Sister." He said it was his song-of-the-moment for me. I said "no," but I would Google it. I did, and loved the song in the same measure that I loved "Drops of Jupiter."

At some point before work ended, Ronald decided he would just go and fetch me. Daddy came home early and so we had Nolly Navara all to ourselves.

So there. He showed up downstairs at 6 p.m.-ish, and we left. At the last minute, we decided to go to ATC, have dinner first and go house-stuff-shopping later. As we were walking to the Food Court, we heard someone playing in the middle of the mall. It must be some Korean boy band, we thought. When we inched closer to the railings on the second floor, imagine how surprised we were when we found out it was Train.

So we stayed behind until they played "Hey, Soul Sister" and "Drops of Jupiter". And we left to eat dinner when people were lining up already for Pat's autograph and to have their pictures taken with the entire band.

It was a blast. And I have been Trainlistening since then.

Ronald asked me last week if I had heard their song "Marry Me." He loaded it in my iPod and I've had it in my playlist since then. He said that was his song-of-the-moment this time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment