Nothing to write about, writing about nothing

So much has happened since my last post. Unfortunately, I have found that it is hardest to write when the memories have piled up. It becomes challenging to: 1) recall all the memories worth writing about; 2) select which memories to write about; 3) make up an apologia for writing about the things that you wrote about and not writing about the things that you left out.

To keep things simple, here is a mass unloading of the highlights of the past year. I am hoping that catharsis will follow, then the lightness of thoughts and the flowing of words.

1. Bar review and bar exams. The best of times and the worst of times for Ronald and myself. This is the period when we were closest to each other, when we felt each other's strengths and drew strength from each other as well. This period lasted from May to September, but it changed our family's lives forever.
2. Back to work. This is the prize for not burning bridges and working your ass off.

3. Beach-combing. Ronald and I went to Pagudpud to swim and tour. We saw the gigantic windmills and the old lighthouse there, along with the other minor attractions of Ilocos Norte. We also got to eat the best lutong-bahay at Papa Nard's, and got to experience our first 12-hour bus ride.

4. Ronald's first airplane ride. We went to Bohol recently to swim and tour. We see the famed Chocolate Hills and some of the really old churches there, along with the other minor attractions of Bohol. We also got to eat the best buffet at the Floating Restaurant while it floated along the Loboc River. During the plane rides, Ronald's forehead was stuck on the window. In between those drawn-out moments of fascination, Ronald would snap out of it and remind himself to look like plane rides are casual, everyday thing. Priceless.

5. Wedding plans. They are starting to shape up.

6. Bar results. Oh, I passed pala. And I cried the night Kaye called to tell me. It felt like the Niagara rushing through a burst dam. All the years of hard work, sleepless nights, burning the midnight oil along with my kilay, stressessessess, and juggling work, school and family were sucked into a whirlpool. And then I breathed easier after.

7. New life in my old work. I am happy. Ronald always reminds me that things are starting to look up, and that life is going to be better from hereon. And I am starting to believe him.

Now that I am in the here and now, here are the things to look forward to:

1. Ronald is graduating from law school. In my mind, I can see myself in that seat in PICC, beside Mommy and Daddy, looking puffed and proud.

2. Ronald's bar review and exam. Ronald doesn't want to talk about this much but I've got his whole bar ops all figured out.

3. Beach trips. We have one coming up shortly. And then we also need to try Coron during sem break. And then a long stay in our Laiya hideaway right after graduation and right before the bar review.

So there. As for this blog, I am looking forward to more energy, drive, sources of inspiration and posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment