Secret

This is something that I've never told anyone else about.

There are people that you meet, or you get to know of without actually meeting, who touch your life in a different way. In a way that hurts you and leaves you traumatized. In a way that sometimes makes you doubtful about where you stand and about what you're really worth to the people that you love.

There is that one person in my life that I had attempted to make peace with. Unfortunately, this person had other plans that only I, in the beginning, could sense. While he was busy having fun it was screaming at me. It was trying to crush me, taking advantage of the fact that although I was with him, I was alone.

I had wanted to tell him how her image killed me each time I remembered what she did, and how bad the nightmares were. I hated her in the purest sense of the word, down to her veins and the blood that flowed through them. But I couldn't because she was taboo. She was, for a long time, a figment of my imagination, a monster I crafted from the stories I heard.

But tonight she was real. To him and to me. And I have never been happier now that we've buried her alive.

Now then, I can't wait to start killing her slowly from deep down her  grave with the cold truth that we are actually happy and that she is actually dead to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment