30 minutes before final two

I have so much to do. But somehow, this Survivor episode feels like an unfinished business that's keeping me from moving on. I have been attempting to read Commercial Law Review's lesson for tomorrow, but I can't get past the first few sentence.

The New Civil Code provides that "'document of title to goods" includes any bill of lading, dock warrant, 'quedan,' or warehouse receipt or order for delivery of goods, or any other document used in the ordinary course of business in the sale or transfer of goods, as proof of possession or control of the goods, or authorizing or purporting to authorize the possessor of the document to transfer or receive either by indorsement or by delivery, goods represented by such document."
The?

So this is what I thought I'd do: Spend the 30-minutes-or-so thinking over the possible endings now that only Charisse, JC and Rob are left, and with Rob having the immunity necklace.

Tonight, Rob gets to choose who will join him in the final two. Here's my Sliding Doors take on where each choice may lead:

Rob could choose to honor his alliance with JC, just like JC has been true to him all this time. This is the most ethical and moral thing to do, I think, because if you ask me, everything that Rob is right now was because of JC. There were only two things that Rob did right throughout the game: 1) choose the best person to team up with; and, 2) stick to him. But if he does choose JC, what are the possibilities of Rob ending up as the first sole survivor? Here's how I think the jury will vote:

Jace: Rob (because JC duped him before and made him believe he was in his alliance right after the merge)
Kiko: JC (because he thinks Rob sucks)
Verns: Rob (because they have a thing)
Kaye: JC (because he took her with him to a reward)
Marlon: Rob (only because I think he had an affinity with Rob when he was still in the game, but I'm not really sure because he's crazy)
Zita: JC (maybe, because he took her with him to a reward, but I'm not sure because Nanay can be so gullible)
Cris: JC definitely (because he thinks Rob is not desrving)
Charisse: JC definitely (because she appreciates how he trusted her and kept his promise to her)

If you ask me, in a JC-against-Rob scenario, JC will have a bigger chance of snagging the P3M pot. So if Rob has been thinking, and decides to be evil at the last moment, he could choose Charisse, thinking that he would have a better chance of winning if he's pitted against her. In that case, here's how I think the votes will go:

Jace: Charisse (because they are both Jarakay)
Kiko: He might go for Charisse (because he hates Rob, to begin with, and he will hate him even more if he votes off JC)
Verns: Rob (see reason above)
Kaye: Charisse or Rob (I can't really say because it's impossible to guess what somebody is thinking when she's not really thinking)
Marlon: Charisse (because they are both Jarakay)
Zita: Rob (because they are both Naak)
Cris: Charisse (see reason above)
JC: Charisse (because if he gets voted off by Rob, he will realize that Rob never really deserved his trust and will try to "correct" his mistake)

Simply put, I think Rob doesn't stand a chance against Charisse either, if it's down to the two of them. So if I were Rob, I might as well keep JC, and keep my soul intact and my heart in the right place also.

But I overanalyze, and it's taking out the excitement in all the waiting and expecting. So I'll stop now and wait out the next 10 minutes by trying to make sense of what "documents of title to goods" means. 

1 comment:

Tarcs said...

Allen:
I only started paying attention to Survivor Philippines because of your blog. Saw the reunion episdoe tonight. Naiyak ako sa kanila. They took the Western concept but they humanized it to a totally different level. Unlike other realizty shows where everyone seems to be auditioning for a sitcom, the dynamics amongst the Survivor participants is so Filipino - you really have to take all the bad with the good.

Post a Comment